Hello every one,welcome and thank you for visiting today! This is Astrid here from the UK, showing you a card using one of the wonderful Spellbinders™ M-Bossabilities™ folders.
I love the versatility of the M-Bossabilities™ folders and the fact that with one product there are so many different possibilities! This is what I used for my project:
Spellbinders™ Paper Arts Supplies:
GC-001 Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine
Imperial SKY EL-004 M-Bossabilities™
Floral Ovals SKU S4-365
Classic Ovals small SKU S4 112
Fancy Framed Tags Two SKU S5-128
Preferred Promotional Partners:
Want2Scrap - Swirls Finesse - LeCreme Pearls
Cross Promotional Partners:
SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ - Crafty Power Tape; 3D Foam Dots
Scor-Pal® - 1/2" Tape
Beacon Adhesives - Zip Dry Paper Glue
Other: White card, Kraft card, brown card, Scissors, Seambinding, paper rose, feather, stickpin, 4 different colours of die ink: light brown, blue, light green, dark brown, Versa Mark ink, Brown Archival Ink, Gold and Copper Embossing Powders, sewing machine, crown stamp (Stamping Up Established Elegance), script stamp, sentiment stamp.
I thought it would be fun to see whether I could use both sides of the M-Bossabilities™ folder for the background of my card and decided to use the “Faux Patina” technique and then cut tiles from each of the sides to create a lush, metal look background. I cut two pieces of 5 x 5” white card, inked one of the sides of the folder with light brown die ink, and ran my first bit of card through the Grand Calibur® Machine. This achieves a kind of letterpress effect.
Here you can see the inked folder:
And here is the card once it was run through
Next I sponged light blue and light green die ink carefully over the raised bits in a random fashion
And finally some dark brown ink here and there
The last step was to rub Versamark embossing ink in patches over the card and then I embossed it with gold embossing powder for a rich metal effect. (hard to see on the photo sadly)
The second bit of card was treated in exactly the same way, only using the other side of the folder, and copper embossing powder instead of gold. Next I cut my two bits of embossed card into 1” squares.
I glued them in a block pattern onto white card, 5 sideways and five down, using 25 squares in all, trimmed the edges and then used my sewing machine to zig-zag them together to create a kind of patchwork effect. I then mounted this onto white and then Kraft card as shown in the picture:
For my vocal image I cut and embossed the 3rd Oval from the Classic Ovals small and while still in the die stamped the crown from the SU Established Elegance set in Versamark ink and embossed it with Copper Embossing powder.
I then masked it and stamped a script stamp in brown Archival ink and then sponged light green and brown ink lightly around it. I then matted it with foam squares onto the 3rd of the Floral Ovals cut and embossed from Kraft card.
I then cut one of the Fancy Framed Tags Two labels, stamped my sentiment with brown archival ink in the centre and sponged around it as before. I assembled my card with a ribbon, a little rose, a feather, some bling and a stick pin as you can see in the picture.
Well, that’s it, hope you liked my card. I would like to thank you all for the support you have shown over the year!!