Editor's Note: When was the last time you invited your kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews (the neighbor's kids) into your craft room (space)? Here's a little sunshine for some of our friends stuck in cold weather climates. Here's to many happy accidents in the craft room!
by John Petersen
This week we’ve been featuring ideas for “Thank You” cards. Because it seems that this year’s winter isn’t going to end, I wanted to create a fun and bright card that would put a smile on anyone's face. And of course I had to throw in a few different surfaces besides paper to add some texture to the card while giving you a sneak peak of some of the new dies!
Preferred Partner Companies:
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko®: Radiant Neon™ Pigment Inks: Electric Purple, Electric Blue, Electric Green, Electric Pink, Electric Yellow, Electric Orange, Electric Coral; Delicata™ Shimmery Silver; StazOn® Solvent Ink: Royal Purple, Fuchsia Pink; Vertigo™ Taffeta; Embossing Powder Clear; Fantastix™; Sponge Daubers™
- Fun Stampers Journey®: “Cheveron Trail” background stamp, “Love Tags” stamp set (“Thank You” sentiment)
Cross Promotional Partners:
- Scor-Pal®: Scor Buddy
- Bazzil Basics Paper®: white cardstock
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™: 3D foam squares, tape runner
bottle cap, heat tool
1. Die cut one piece of Vertigo Taffeta using the the Modern Stationery #6 die with the Junior Metal Shim plate for a clean cut.
2. Using Sponge Daubers, ink each stripe of the “Chevron” background stamp with Radiant Neon in Electric Yellow, Electric Coral and Electric Orange alternating colors.
3. Stamp onto the shiny side of the Vertigo; lightly heat set to dry ink.
4. Using the Scor-Buddy, score white cardstock in half to a finished size of approximately 5˝ x 7.
5. With the card folded in half, position the spine of the card just inside of the Modern Stationery #7 die as shown. Placing the folded (spine) of the card just inside of the die will keep the spine from being cut by the die. Cut through the Grand Calibur machine.
6. Keeping the cut card inside of the die, use a Sponge Dauber to color the card with Radiant Neon Electric Purple. The card only needs to be colored approximately 3/4˝ from the edge because it will be covered with layering pieces.
7. Reverse the die to use as a mask to color the outer most edge of the card with Delicata Shimmery Silver.
8. Cut one piece of white cardstock with the Modern Stationery #6 die.
9. Position the Modern Stationery #5 and #6 dies on the Junior Magnetic Placement Mat to cut one frame piece from white cardstock.
10. Color the die cut frame piece with Radiant Neon Electric Blue. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
11. Die cut one each of the flowers from the “Flower Power 2” set.
12. Color the flower stems with a Fantastix with Radiant Neon Electric Green and the flowers with Radiant Neon Electric Pink. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
13. To assemble the card, adhere the blank white Modern Stationery #6 piece onto the colored card base, followed by the stamped Vertigo piece, then the Electric Blue embossed frame, and finish with the flowers as shown above.
14. Slightly flatten the bottle cap by passing through the Grand Calibur machine sandwiched between the Junior Metal Shim plate and the Cutting plate.
15. Ink “Thank You” stamp with StazOn Royal purple and stamp the flat side of the bottle cap.
16. With a Fantastix, color the sides and edges of the bottle cap with StazOn Fuchsia Pink; allow StazOn inks to dry completely.
17. Adhere bottle cap to card using 3D foam squares.